Möbius — is a popular free mobile optimized WordPress theme made by our team in 2010. It has attractive mobile and desktop design useful for entertainment, news and personal blogs. It can also be used for the mobile view only along with WordPress Mobile Pack plugin. The features are listed below:
- Compatible with touch-screen smartphone browsers: iPhone & iPod Touch, Android, BlackBerry (from v.5), Windows Phone (from v.6.5), webOS, Bada, Symbian, Firefox Mobile, Opera Mobile
- Compatible with desktop browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer (from v.6), Opera
- 3 skins: Sky Blue, Amethyst, Rain Forest
- Widget ready
- Optional twitter and facebook icons
- W3C valid, hand-made, table-less, SEO, mobile friendly markup and CSS
- Native support of non-web fonts by @font-face rule
- jQuery scripting
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Apple iPhone & iPod Touch
- BlackBerry 5+
- Windows Phone 6.5+
- Opera Mobile
- Symbian S60
If you like this theme and want it to be even better as well as to see new FREE mobile compatible themes from us, you are welcome to donate.
In the Appearance menu of the admin panel you will find Theme Options. You may choose one of the three color schemes available: Sky Blue, Rain Forest and Amethyst.
Also you may control RSS, Twitter and Facebook icons by enabling/disabling their presence and specifying URLs for your twitter and facebook pages.
Optionally you may set whether the sidebar content should be displayed in the mobile view.
Why Mobile? And How It Works?
Version 1.10 | Dec. 12th, 2011
- Several minor tweaks have been applied.
Version 1.9 | May 16th, 2011
- Added bugfix for mobile switching on Android.
- Removed border for img.wp-smiley.
Version 1.8 | Jan. 22nd, 2011
- Added support of WordPress 3 features
- Translation ready. Languages: French, Swedish (Thanks to Tommy Sjödahl !).
- Optimized background images size.
- Fixed bug with image captions.
- Fixed bug with empty widget titles.
Version 1.5 | Apr. 12th, 2010
- Fixed bug with the main background image for mobile devices.
- Fixed styles for legend elements.
- Default font size has been increased.
Version 1.4 | Apr. 7th, 2010
- Added custom parse_request action to make bloginfo() function available inside CSS.
Version 1.3 | Apr. 7th, 2010
- Fixed relative paths problem.
Version 1.2 | Apr. 3rd, 2010
- Security improvements in path-related variables.
- Logo and heading fonts have been replaced with GPL-licensed fonts.
Version 1.1 | Mar. 29th, 2010
- Fixed page list navbar, now it has flexible height.
- Fixed comment threading bug.
- Fixed insecure using of $_SERVER data.
- Using native WordPress jQuery framework.
- Modifications to credits.
Version 1.0 | Mar. 8th, 2010